While we are confident the products you buy from us are of the highest quality, there may still be something you receive that you need to return to us.
Items can be exchanged and or returned, provided that:
- You notify us within 14 days of delivery
- The product is re-sellable
- The product is in its original condition (this includes packaging, labels and protective materials still attached, manuals, accessories and any other supplied materials)
- The product meets the returns criteria set out below
- and inform us of the situation FIRST. Do not send an item back to us without us giving you the authority to do so.
- Moto Hut will arrange for the collection of the item
- Package the item securely before the courier collects it (you are responsible for the correct packaging of the item), and mark it clearly for the attention of Moto Hut.
- Upon receipt of the item, Moto Hut will inspect the item and liase with the supplier if required. During this time, a returns decision will be made.
- An exchange item will be offered if available.
- A refund will be processed accordingly.
- ** Courier fees apply to correctly supplied goods **
Returns are accepted if:
- Item is not used, or not previously fitted (unless due to a manufacturers fault)
- Item was purchased in the last 6 months
Items not returnable:
- Fluids, lubricants, cleaners or similar where the item has been opened
- Swimwear with detached hygiene strips
- Custom made or specially imported items
- Clearance items
It is your responsibility to ensure the item being returned is packaged correctly to prevent damage while in transit.
The item must be returned with all of its original packaging, labels (attached as supplied), manuals, accessories etc.
DO NOT use the original packaging as a shipping container. This will cause damage to the original packaging, which you will be charged for. Please ensure that you make use of another box or effective wrapping.
All refunds are processed according to the original method of payment.
A handling fee may be involved for certain items.
The refund amount depends on the time you have had the item, the condition of the item, and pertains to the affected item only.
Delivery fees are not refundable.
The following table outlines the refund times and payment methods that we refund on:
|Payment||Refund||Average Refund Timeframe|
|PayFast (credit card)||
PayFast - prior to dispatch
EFT - after dispatch
PayFast - up to 14 business days
EFT - up to 3 business days
|EFT||EFT||Up to 3 business days|
The following table outlines Moto Hut's policy on refund amounts:
|Refund Type||Refund Amount|
|Cancellation (order not dispatched)||
100% (of item original price)
(Special order items may not be cancelled if the order has been made up or manufacturing begun)
If the entire order is cancelled before dispatch, delivery will be refunded aswell.
|Unused Item (not faulty)||
Within 14 days = 100% (of item original price)
Between 15 and 30 days = 80% (of item original price)
31 days up to 6 months = 50% to 79% (of item original price)
|Faulty item (manufacturer fault only)||
Up to 6 months = 100% (of item original price)
This applies only when the item cannot be repaired, or a suitable exchange to the same value being provided
If an item is to be found in working order on its arrival, no refund will be passed.
|Faulty item (wear & tear, excessive use, abuse)||No refund|